Wijnand Jongen (1959) is one of the world’s leading authors, keynote speakers and futurists and trendwatchers on retail and e-commerce. He is founder and CEO of the Dutch e-commerce association Thuiswinkel.org and Chairman of the Executive Committee of Ecommerce Europe. He is the author of the bestselling book ‘The End of Online Shopping’, which has been translated in ten languages and released in over 20 countries so far. Wijnand is a much-sought after keynote speaker for conferences the world over.
Key Retail Positions
Wijnand is co-founder of Ecommerce Europe, the European umbrella organization with more than 75,000 (online) shops as its members. He is Chairman of its Executive Committee and has been a member of its Board of Directors since the association’s incorporation in 2012.
Wijnand is founder and CEO of the Dutch e-commerce association Thuiswinkel.org. This association has some 2,200 members, all recognisable by the logos for Thuiswinkel Guarantee (B2C) and Shopping B2B Certified (B2B). He is also the founder and Chairman of the National Shopping Awards for the best (web)shops in the Netherlands.
On behalf of Thuiswinkel.org Wijnand is a proud member of FIRA. He is on the Strategic Committee of FIRA.
Mid-1990s, Wijnand was the co-founder of Macropolis, the first Dutch shop and price comparison site for consumers on the Internet. Wijnand was also Macropolis’ CEO between 1997 and 2000 and Macropolis was acquired by the publicity traded Newconomy in June 2000.
Wijnand attended the University of Amsterdam, as well as the Randolph-Macon College and Averett University in the United States. He earned his Masters of Business Administration (MBA) at Averett University (1993) and a doctoral degree in Educational Studies at the University of Amsterdam (1986). His work has guided him through several sales, consultancy and management positions in the Netherlands and the United States.
Author of ‘The End of Online Shopping’
Wijnand is author of the book ‘The End of Online Shopping’, which was published by Atlas/Business Contact in November 2016. Since then his books have been updated and released in new editions around the world:
- The Netherlands, 5th edition June 2018 (Atlas Business Contact).
- Belgium, 2nd edition, August 2018 (Atlas Business Contact)
- UK en USA, 2nd edition, June 2018 (Nubiz)
- Italy, 1st edition, May 2018 (Hoepli)
- China, 1st edition, May 2018 (Post & Telecom Beijing)
- SE Asia, 1st English edition (World Scientific WSPC, Singapore)
- Denmark, 1st edition, October 2018 (Nubiz)
- Korea, 5th edition, December 2018 (Knomad Publishing)
- Austria, 1st edition, April 2019
- Germany, 1st edition, September 2019
- Russia, 1st edition, October 2019
Recognitizion, Awards & Achievements
- Wijnand was elected Direct Marketing Man of the Year in 2006.
- In 2014, he received the Mans LeJeune Award for the ‘best trade association of the Netherlands’.
- In 2017 the book ‘The End of Online Shopping’ was nominated as Managementbook of the year.
- In 2017 the book ‘The End of Online Shopping’ was selected in the top 3 of the best Marketing books of the year.
© 2019 Copyright Wijnand Jongen